This is the official website of the Penang Bar Committee, a body representing legal practitioners in Penang, Malaysia. Our website offers legal information and useful contacts, downloadable circulars, list of legal resources and books, our brief history, Legal Aid Centre contact information as well as important activities and updates relevant to advocates and solicitors practicing in Penang.
• Day-to-day administration of the Penang Bar Secretariat including staff management.
• Handling the day-to-day tasks of the PBC.
• Co-ordinating and executing policies and decisions of the PBC.
• Overseeing the finances of the PBC.
• Co-ordinating, managing and implementing projects and activities of the PBC.
• Managing and overseeing projects and activities of all subcommittees.
• Drafting, reviewing and editing all outgoing correspondence, e-mail and other written material.
• Drafting, reviewing and editing all announcements and materials to be posted on the website of the PBC.
• Attending to the maintenance, upkeep and updating of the Penang Bar website.
• Attending to issuance of Circulars and updating membership/subscriber data via mailing software.
• Attending to meetings of the PBC and AGMs of the Penang Bar including taking of minutes and preparing all necessary documents.
• Preparing the Annual Report of the PBC.
• Assisting in the preparation of an annual budget for the operations of the Penang Bar Secretariat and activities of the PBC and the subcommittees.
• Providing overall support and performing any duties assigned by the Chairman, Secretary and Committee Members of the PBC.
• Liaising with Courts and other Federal and State agencies.
• Liaising with the Bar Council and other State Bar Committees.
• Minimum 5 years’ experience in a management role.
• Must have an excellent command of written and spoken English and Bahasa Malaysia.
• Must possess a high level of computer and IT literacy, including proficiency in using Microsoft Office Suite.
• Must have excellent analytical, organisational, time management and problem-solving skills.
• Must be able to produce detailed and accurate work under tight deadlines.
• Meticulous, precise and thorough, with a keen eye for consistency and detail.
• Must be energetic, systematic and self-motivated.
• Must have strong interpersonal and communication skills.
• Must be able to provide guidance and leadership to others.
• Must have basic accounting knowledge.
Candidates should specify their current and expected salary, and send their cover letter, detailed résumé and a recent photograph (non-returnable) on or before 30 Dec 2020, to:
Penang Bar Committee
No 4 Green Hall (1st Floor)
(Subject – Application for post of Executive Director)
Powered by Infinitas Technologies (M) Sdn Bhd